Friday, April 3, 2009

Bad Date Tip of the Week

We've already seen a lot of bad date plans on this blog, and it seems that any activity is good for a first date these days (a cousin's temple wedding, work, the ATM). And I feel like every time I turn around someone is suggesting that some random event would 'make a great date'--firesides, guest lectures at school, community fundraisers, etc.

So I've thought of a few good bad date activities myself:

  • The dentist: what's more romantic than a teeth cleaning? You could bring your date along as a spectator to your own oral hygeine experience, or (even better) set up joint appointments.
  • A job interview: dates and interviews are basically the same thing anyway, so why not combine all the most nervousy experiences of life into one great trainwreck of an afternoon?
  • The pharmacy: (to pick up your prescriptions). It's never too early to share medical histories.
  • A funeral: seriously, try it, and let me know how it goes.
  • A blood drive: if I had brought a date with me to give blood last week, we would have learned very important information about each other. He would have learned how I respond to highly stressful situations; and I would have learned how he responds to people hyperventilating.

No comments:

Post a Comment