Monday, February 23, 2009

Doorstep Scenes Make the Date

After a date with a nervous, chattery guy (whom I had tried to put at ease the entire night), I found myself on the doorstep of my apartment. He quickly ended the conversation with, "Well, I guess it's customary at the end of a date to give a hug, so . . . " With that, he shot his arms around me and hauled my body into his, swiftly enough that I had about nanosecond to react--enough time, maybe, to blink in surprise. My face smashed into his chest and I stepped on his toes. I tried really hard not to laugh as he held me there for a moment, wondering if I should turn my face so I could breathe and/or step off his toes mid-hug.

That was the most memorable part of the date--awkward, yes, but definitely the highlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment