Monday, March 9, 2009

Creepy Weird Clueless: Part 1

My freshman year of college I lived in an apartment south of campus. I had a couple of friends that still lived at home; they attended their stake singles institute. I had gone with them a few times during the summer and enjoyed it. October came around and the stake institute was having a Halloween party up the canyon in a huge cabin, combined with a few other stake singles institutes. My friends Carrie and Ellen invited me to come along. So we all went up to the cabin for the party, me, Carrie, Ellen, Doug (Carrie's brother), and Doug's girl friend Hannah. We were all having fun and enjoying ourselves. It was a really big cabin so sometimes we were split up. At one point I was separated from my friends for a little while.

When I met up with Carrie and Ellen again, this new guy Steve was with them. He seemed really (really really) friendly. I assumed he was a friend of Carrie, or Carrie's older brother, otherwise I probably wouldn't have talked to him. By the end of the night Steve got my number. Party ended, I went home. I found out that Carrie didn't know him, but he was kind of friends with Doug. A week or two later I got a phone call, it was Steve. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: "Hello?

Steve: "Hey it's me Steve, how are you?"

Me: "Good, how are you doing?"

St: "Oh I'm great. Hey I was wondering, are you doing anything Friday? My friend is setting up a group date and I'd like to take you."

Me: "Nope not doing anything on Friday, that sounds fun, I'll go."

St: "Oh great! I'm so relieved, you're like the sixth girl I've asked"

Me: "....heh..."

I should've told him right then that I remembered that I really did have something on Friday (when in actuality I didn't) just so I could have gotten out of the date that was reeking of potential awesome badness.

No comments:

Post a Comment