Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Male Perspective: In a Pickle

Have you seen the Sandlot where the guy is in a pickle? Well I’ve been in a pickle. Somehow I went to watch movies with a couple of girls in the singles ward. I didn’t know them, I was just looking for something to do.

(Oh man I hate this story . . . but had it not happened perhaps my wife wouldn’t have become jealous and realized she had feelings for me.)

Somehow I was falling asleep, I was only half there when I ended up hand in hand with one of the girls. The whole time I am thinking what on earth is happening here? I told my best friend and my mom that I was in a pickle . . . this girl is making serious moves for me and I didn’t want any of it, but I figured if I was in the same situation I would want someone to give me a chance. What was a date and what wasn’t didn’t really make sense here.

At one point she informed me she had a child living with his dad. I still gave her the benefit of the doubt and was okay with the news. The next time I asked her for the story of where her child came from, and she said, 'Don’t worry, I was drunk at the time . . . '

RED FLAG! Ah, crap, do you see where this is going?

Next time she says, 'Yeah, I have a tattoo, too, is that going to bother you?' Well not as much as getting drunk resulting in a child.

The final straw: 'My divorce will be final in a week or two.' Well, that is flat out deceit . . . it was over after that. I thought breaking up would be hard, but after all this, it was a piece of cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment