Thursday, February 5, 2009

Match not Made in Heaven

Right after serving an LDS mission (two years, no girls), I was “invited” to ask out the daughter of a former teacher who liked me (the teacher, not the girl). My old girlfriend had gotten married while I was gone, and I hadn’t been out on a date of any kind since I’d gotten home; I hadn’t been out on a first date for nearly three years.

Lacey was described as a ‘babealicious hottie goddess.’ She was. I was also informed that she and I were perfect for each other. We weren’t. One particular exchange pretty much sums up the whole date. She found out that I’d recently returned from mission and got excited (as girls in Utah often do).

In her enthusiasm she exclaimed, “Wow, don’t you just wish you were back out there in the mission field?”

“No. No way. Absolutely not. It was great and all, but you have no idea how nice it is to be back.”

“Oh . . . well . . . maybe it’s just you because lots of my friends say that they wish they were still on their missions.”

“That’s nice.”

No comments:

Post a Comment